Tuesday, 06 November 2007

NOT SUPPOSE TO BE...

My little sista had a terrible experience few months back. Some thugs took her phone from her and that made her to write a piece of poem which I had to share. This poem made me realize that my little sista is NOT the only one who lives in FEAR. Thousands of people are fearful of what might happen to them and their families but let me not steal her limelight and share this with you.

My Fear
I became fearless and I thought they were just passing by,
but my fear proved me wrong because they were coming 4 me.
There was once a time in my life when I thought,
we lived in a world of harmony and peace...
...but that was before it happened 2 me.
Didn't u c the fear in my eyes
when u pointed dat gun at me?...
Didn't u feel da coldness of my body
when ur hands were all over me?...
Didn't ur heart feel pitty
when dat tear-drop fell of my eyes?...
Wud u have pulled da trigger if u saw my mouth moving?
Wud u have forced urself onto me
if u knew dat I was still Itshitsi?
If u knew dat ur face will torture me in my dreams...
...if u knew dat my life will neva be da same again?...
Wud u have continued to take evrythin dat I owned,
things I had to sweat for?
Fear is wat made me weak, it made me to be silent
Fear made me not to fight back, it paralysed my mind
Evrythin became mute just because of fear.
How many live with u?
I embrace life despite the fear I faced.
Rittin by Nompumelelo T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad but true. It's a shame that we have to live in fear all the time and even worse that people who inflict pain on us are the same people we grow up with. The people who know what a struggle it is to be successful in the townships. I'm glad your sister came out of the situation unharmed. Lebo B.