Monday, 31 May 2010

Plans vs Reality

Ourlives are dominated by plans and plans involves seeing things happen in spirit before they happen in reality. We plan for the future while fighting the present challenges in our lives and at times it seems like we going nowhere slowly. The reality is even if we don't plan nor see future at the present time, someone will surely see it for us. I looked back to the year after my matric, the future looked dark, uncertain and I had no hope to lift me off the ground. The only thing I had then was a plan, one single plan to help me restore my hope. As I looked, I noticed that the older I got the more my plans came to reality and little plans became as I enjoyed the reality. In essence, plans were not getting smaller but my view of those plans was smaller, limiting and not forth-looked. I got lost into reality and forgot to plan for the next near future. As we busy getting lost in reality, forgetting to make plans someone uses the opportunity to make some plans for you. Eish, the challenging thing about this is plans and reality can not be separated. We make plans for the reality or future we would like to see ourselves in. Reality presents what we put in plans, now that is spiritual. This is like asking "is the glass half-full or half-empty", it all depends on your view and attitude on life.

We get challenged when chasing our dreams, plan and visions by all sort of forces, people and spirits. At times by our own families and friends but the one thing I find to be standing is the survival spirit we all have. We have been given a spirit of courage to conquer even when we don't think we can. To fight for as long as we willing to fight and overcome. My reality now is re-shaping my plans for the near future. We also find that as we do so, we opposed and de-motivated to carry through what we deem to be great or good plans for the future based on the plans others have of you. I then learnt that you can have plans for your future and someone WILL have plans for you and you would have to decide whether you merge the two or not.

What am I saying then, I saying our current reality is most probably a result of our plans and more is still in plan probably for the near future realities. We intend to be great fathers/mothers, husbands/wifes, brother/sisters, colleagues, friends and citizens but daily we faced with the reality of making our plans a reality in a society that is negative and perssimistic.

Khaya

No comments: