Wednesday, 05 March 2008

Run with me - M.A.T.H.A

I always say to people be the change you want to see in this world and dat is obviously taken from one of the gr8t well known man - Mahatma Gandhi. MATHA is a Se-Sotho word meaning run. I had this written down one evening and had to share it with you. People always complain about what other people's acts hoping dat something will happen or change. Nothing will change unless we as people act and implement that change we want. Sometimes we mourn because of change itself. Matha with me in this fashion, think of it this way. These are my 5 lessons that I've adopted since that evening of excitement in my life. The light came that evening.
M=Motivate, umuntu ngumntu ngabantu. Whatever we plant in other people's lives we will recieve in return, be an inspiration to someone.
A=Attitude, Our Attitude says thousand words before we even express ourselves' to others - it starts with you. Carry a positive attitude firstly about yourself, community, nation and the world to make any change where ever you are. Whatever you believe or say you are, you are not wrong until you prove to yourself that you are wrong. 1 Tim.4v12-14
T=Time, I made time to write this and every second I missed using I'll never re-gain. I believe life lived with ungratefulness, anger and self-pity is time waisted. Use every second to appreciate your life, enrich yourself and others and smile while learning from your mistakes.
H=Humility, I believe human race is created with this element in them but few choose to exercise it. To me this means, we all created with goodness and have the ability to exercise it. Doing that good should be rewarded by humility instead of pride, selfishness, power and stereotypeness. You here for others and I'm not sure why they here!
A=Appreciate, We all have experiences that somehow makes us think back and see that there is a God, that reminds us that God did impact ourlives and NOT appreciating His work would be an insult to Him. Embrace your spirituality, family, friends, community and your nation. Appreciate the air you breath without question, the life you have with greater price (Jesus lives for you) and the identity you have (uniqueness).

That evening I slept with a smile on my face because I had a motto to fight difficult times. MATHA not for anyone but yourself!

rittin by
Solomon K. Gebashe

1 comment:

Afrikan said...

MATHA wena, MATHA. Brilliant set of words. If we all use them, we can bring about change as opposed to happenings in our lives. Appreciate your life