Tuesday, 18 March 2008

I personally have to get out of BED!

This past few days things have been hard on my side. I feel worst than a murderer and it can only take the super power to heal me from this. I'm not sure if I can say I'm a believer or even be amongst believers but I'm sure of one thing though, it is hard to make a right out of a wrong. I'm learning hard lessons about myself and am extremely heart-broken from the fact that no one can change his past and the scares will always be there. This is something I think has always been there and the hurts of past experiences were never healed completely. I'm searching like everyone else for the bright light in me. Judge me, criticize me or even mock me but I'm not as perfect as everyone else.

I personally have to get out of BED. This is what I believe we mostly do when in situations. I did it and I believe majority of people do it especially my own countrymen (South Africans, Africans). BED keeps us comfortable, relaxed and warm if you have enough blankets. We have the BED mentality and this is what I mean by BED; we BLAME, have EXCUSES and are in DENIAL. Blaming others has become a norm, there has to be someone to blame. We have countless excuses about things one should have done. We deny what should have been our responsibility and that keeps us in BED.

As mentioned above, I've found myself there and some choices we make lands one in a situation where you want to blame or deny, but the evil is overcame by good. It is said that "overcome evil with good". Hansie pointed a finger on himself, Clinton admitted his mistakes and JZ I don't know but the point here is as Africans let us go out BED. I will take every responsibility for all my actions and as hard as it is I will NOT find myself in the BED situation.

Rittin by
Solomon K. Gebashe

No comments: